• Avid Certified User.
• Member of the Motion Picture Editors Guild.
• Certified in advanced Adobe After Effects.
• Offline and online video editing, with a strong background in audio mixing and motion graphics.
• Work closely with Ad Agencies and high profile Creative Directors during supervised sessions.
• 10+ years of experience at an offline editorial house, as well as freelance work with production studios and independent filmmakers.
• Outstanding communication skills while keeping excellent relationships within the organization, as well as with the clients.
• Deep understanding of the pre to post production workflow. And very adept with the technical aspects of editing.
• Trilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese).
• Recipient of a Kodak Motion Picture Award for a 16mm short film.
• Work very well under pressure and with fast deadlines.
• Performed photography and photo editing while touring the USA, worked with recording artists such as John Legend, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Alma, Floetry, Donnie, Yazhara, and Slam Poet Bridget Gray.
•PC/Mac Literate, Avid Media Composer 8 , Adobe CC, Final Cut Pro, Avid Nexis, Fascilis Terrablock, LTO Archive Sytems, MS Office, basic online and offline color corretion, AV troubleshooting, booking crews and feeds, monitoring live shots, understanding of cinematography, experience with Direction of Photography, actively shoot film and digital Photograpy.
THE CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK
Major: Literary & Media Visual Arts
Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude degree.
Alpha Sigma Lambda member
Major: Film and Video Production
Completed two years of study with focus on all aspects of film and video production.
Trained in 35 mm film photography with much experience in the darkroom.
Studied the following courses of the Fine Arts:
Sculpture, Light Color and Design, Three Dimensional Design, Life Drawing, Fine Art Painting and Ceramics.
•Carl Byrd & Co Agency
•Film Editor New York May 2021
•• Off-line and online editor for a promo for Old Navy Canada.
•• Delivered a thirty, fifteen, and six second cut for multiple platforms such as Social Media, and television broadcast.
•Film Editor New York Dec 2020- Jan 2021
•• Off-line and Online editor on a trailer for the documentary
A Woman's Work.
•• Provided deliverables for multiple platforms such as Amazon, Hulu, Vudu, and Social Media.
•EDGAR the movie
•Film Editor New York May 2018- March 2019
•• Off-line editor for feature film, teaser and trailers.
•• Assisted in production of two private screenings of the rough cuts, for audience feedback.
•• Provide deliverables for multiple platforms such as Social Media, theater projection, and television broadcast.
•Just Add Water
•Freelance Senior Editor New York April 2011 – March 2022
•• Company creates music videos, commercials, interactive content, corporate videos and more.
•• Edit online and offline media, conform and deliver spots for broadcast on national networks for companies including Showtime, Nike, LOFT, Ann Taylor, Macy's, Nautica and Adidas.
•• Online work in After Effects includes compositing, rotoscope, tittle animation and design treatment.
•• Select and edit audio, including music, SFX, and VO, all while working closely with talent and final audio engineers.
•America's Got Talent
• Assistant Editor Newark, NJ July 2012- September 2012
•• Fulfilled duties such as digitizing tape and tape-less dailies, assembling string outs, grouping clips, conforming Hi-Rez media, assembling masters, organizing projects and importing files, and media management on Avid Isis.
•• Edited offline 30 second teasers for episodes 10 and 11 of season 7, and composed SFX and music mix of final edit.
•Video Editor New York March 2008 – April 2011
•• Assembled final TV shows for delivery to international and national Networks.
•• Perform audio mixing, video editing and graphics.
•• Created graphics package for branding of the network with Adobe CS.
•Beirut Marathon a film by Deborah Harse
•Video Editor New York May 2009
•• Edited audio and video for a trailer, short version and long version of the Documentary.
•Choro Na Saldosa a film by Laura Calhoun
•Video Editor New York May 2008
•• Cut a 3 minute teaser, 15 minute short and 52 minute Doc on "Chorhiño", a traditional music of Brazil.
•• Created and delivered DVD with Final Cut Studio.
•CBS/ Kingworld Productions
•Production Technician New York January 2007 –March 2008
•• Worked in Satellite feeds room for TV show Inside Edition.
•• Responsible for digitizing and troubleshooting media for editors, booking feeds and/or crews for producers and story coordinators. Set up and controlled Live Shots for day of air with correspondents and producers. Took in feeds from different international affiliates into control room. Responsible for color correction and AV trouble-shooting on the fly with TBC. Converted different media formats to any other format (Mini DV, Dig Beta, Beta SX, XD, VHS, DVD, UMAT, HD, etc.)
Shami Media Group
Video Editor New York July 2005 – January 2007
• Responsible for Video Editing of documentaries
and instructional DVDs that were made for
international commercial distribution.
• Synchronized audio in German, Spanish and
English to video files.
• Authorized with DVD Studio Pro for finalization
of the project.
• Maintained the product visually interesting with
digital and motion graphics.
• Delivered trailer for each finalized project.
• Performed audio mixing.
PMC Graphics and Multimedia
Office Manager / Photographer New York November 2003 - July 2004
• Managed office, employees and clientele.
• Designated digital photographer, utilizing a
Canon 10D camera.
• In charge of interviewing and hiring new
employees for the company.
GA/NY July 2003 - October 2003
• Participated on a three month tour across the
promoting a campaign for Nissan Altima
• Responsible for documentation of events and
performance of several artists using
photography and videography.
• Assisted in the production and promotion of
events throughout eleven major cities.
• Worked closely with several performance artists
including Bridget Gray, Donnie, Poetic Soul,
YahZarah, John Legend, Lady Alma, Floetry,
Black Eyed Peas and 4th Avenue